Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Junction Produce HQ

I've been posting a lot of RWB Porsche stuff, so here's a post for goodfeeling roots. I'm sure Jon would have appreciated this too.

A few weeks ago I came to Osaka to visit some friends and do sightseeing. After taking a night bus from Ikebukuro to Osaka station I was beat, but I also had some car shops I wanted to see in Kansai like Work Wheels, TRA Kyoto for Rocket Bunny and Pandem, and also Junction Produce. Since I had contact with Takahiro Taketomi, I decided to reach out to him. It was just a thought to come to his shop during the trip, but he actually said I could come to the shop that very day. It was quite sudden and I wasn't quite sure if I should go since it was quite far (almost 2 hours from Umeda station).

He was quite formal through his messages, I was very surprised that he was willing to pick me up from the station if I were to come. It was kind of inconvenient on both ends because he doesn't normally come to the shop. He also wanted to warn me that it wasn't much of a show room either, but more of a warehouse for his products. I figured I wanted to come see it myself for my brother's sake since this is probably the first company that got me into this car hobby.

Once I arrived to the station and met Taketomi he was really kind and gave off the real warm Kansai impression and wanted to get to know me. It wasn't too difficult to communicate since he knew I'm American, or maybe my Japanese is actually getting better hehe.







 




Seeing this wakizashi katana next to the products was pretty cool





A Scara next to all the classy dresses that the models wear

The box for these katana shift knobs were quite nice

It was really nostalgic seeing all this first hand and seeing all the old photos and all these products. It was really cool of him to explain a lot of the decals offered too because they were related to teams in Japan too. My main aim was to express how much I missed the old school VIP, I hope he got some insight from my perspective while we had our conversations. Overall it was a great experience meeting him and his warm welcome, I hope to see some exciting new projects from Junction Produce for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment