Monday, September 17, 2018

Idlers Games 2018 - Tsukuba Circuit

When I first saw an RWB I wasn't sure what I was looking at and why it was so appealing, but over the years I started to appreciate it more for what it is while appreciating Porsche in general as well. Over my trips to Japan for the past few years I met many Japanese who also shared this car hobby. They taught me that it's more about enjoying the cars with friends and having good times than it is to show status. This is what I felt when I met Nakai san and the rest of the RWB family. Everyone was very welcoming and they do believe my time to have an RWB will come someday.

I'm now starting my semester in Tokyo soon and I've been blessed to have an opportunity to attend an Idlers event with Nakai san himself. I must say everyone was ready for a track day and came to do their best, but also have a great time with friends. I had mainly came to see the RWBs race, but I also got a taste of hobby drifting from the locals. I thought it was completely different from watching Formula D. People come to the track with tires strapped to their trunk and just daisy chain whatever breaks to keep the day going. I thought it was a really good feeling to see regular people like myself get together and have a track day like this. I'm looking forward to future track days, maybe someday I'll be ready.













Calm before the storm, these three had an intense battle








Rough world, one love

I'm missing my car right now





Nagahama is a great guy, really wanted me to come out. It was out of the way, but well worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment